Updated Effective February 19, 2013
We built the Sg2 Web Site to make it easy to access resources that are part of your Sg2 membership, register for Sg2 events, and manage your Sg2 website account (e.g., change your password).
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our privacy staff at privacy@Sg2.com. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed please contact us at 847 779 5500.
Safe Use of the Sg2 Web Site
Always follow these important safety tips when using the Sg2 Web Site:
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Report users and content that violate our User Agreement.
The Information We Collect
When you visit the Sg2 Web Site you provide us with 2 types of information: profile information that you knowingly choose to disclose and Web Site usage information collected by Sg2 as you interact with the Sg2 Web Site.
When you enter the Sg2 Web Site, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Sg2 Web Site Users. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Sg2. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you register for the Sg2 Web Site, you set up your personal profile, which includes basic information such as your name, organization, title, and contact information. We collect this information so that we can provide you access to the Sg2 website as a member, giving you access to download resources, register for events and email Sg2 experts. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable revisiting the prior version of that information.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on the Sg2 Web Site is a violation of the Sg2 User Agreement and should be reported to privacy@Sg2.com.
By using the Sg2 Web Site, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Children Under Age 18
Sg2 does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Sg2 Web Site or send any information about yourself. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us at privacy@Sg2.com
Use of Information Obtained by Sg2
The personal information collected on this site will be used to provide the services you have requested or authorized. When you become a User of the Sg2 Web Site, you create your own profile. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by Sg2 that we think you may find valuable. You can adjust your email preferences by clicking “Edit Email Preferences” on your profile page. Profile information is used by Sg2 primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and allow you access to Sg2 resources.
Sg2 may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Sg2 Web Site.
Sg2 may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating people participating in the Sg2 Web Site who have a common interest or are working in a given area of business. We believe this benefits you.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
The Sg2 Web Site is intended to enable access to Sg2 resources. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is: 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service; 2) legally required; or 3) permitted by you. For example:
- Unlike most sites on the Web, Sg2 limits access to Sg2 Web Site information by third party search engine “crawlers” (e.g., Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask). Sg2 takes action to block access by these engines to personal information.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a colocation facility for servers, to send out email updates about Sg2, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for a limited time in connection with these business activities. When we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Sg2-specified purposes.
- We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the Sg2 world. Such accounts have only limited capabilities and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Sg2 service or using the Sg2 name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on the Sg2 Web Site are readily available through the profile editing tools. Sg2 Web Site Users may modify or delete their profile information at any time by logging into their account or contacting the Sg2 Member Center. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Sg2 account may do so by contacting the Sg2 Member Center. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to Users of the Sg2 Web Site.
Sg2 takes appropriate precautions to protect our Users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. If you have any questions about the security of the Sg2 Web Site, please contact us at privacy@Sg2.com.
Contacting the Web Site
5250 Old Orchard Road
Skokie, IL 60077
All content Copyright © 2013, SG-2, LLC